Our Love Story….
This has been all over the blogsphere today, and although I am not a big blogger I thought it was cute!
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
4 years on 3/1. We don’t have an official dating date but we always say 3/1 because thats when we started hanging out at my 25th birthday bash.
2. How did you meet?
Ed and I met playing softball in the fall of 2007 when he subbed for the softball team I was playing for. He had grabbed the wrong jersey and was trying to fit in a small! We talked occasionally at the fields, and then in the spring I invited him to the party we were having for my birthday.
3. How long have you been married?
10 months and 18 days- our 1st anniversary is March 26
4. Where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We had our ceremony at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church and our reception at the Sheraton. It was originally going to be a huge wedding, but since 70% of our guest list were from out of town we ended up with 100 less than invited. We still had 125 and it was a gorgeous and fun wedding!
4. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
Ed calls me Pig-Pen he gets the usual babe, hunny, but sometimes he is Special Ed.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love that he loves to cook, he is much more patient and creative then me in the kitchen. I love his patience with me, our crazy dogs (ok only Eysa), and with the kids he works with. I love that he grounds me and supports me.
7. Tell us how he proposed?
In September of 2009 we stopped into Kay Jewelers to look at rings, and were told about a special event they were having the next week with Dana Augustine. We went back and designed my ring. The ring was then promptly hidden from me. On October 17 we took an adventure to Bok Tower Gardens. Once we found the white garden he came up behind me with the ring and asked me to marry him. We spent the rest of the day touring the gardens, picking up some plants and drinking a beer.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Well Ed hates the smell of roses, and the night of our wedding our “coordinator” decorated our bed with rose petals. Nice thought but hilarious at the time since I told her how much he hates roses. But Ed is a Flowers kind of guy, he actually brought me Pink Roses and Small Carnations on Saturday as a pre-valentines day/baby present.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl or a pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
We love to go out to a nice dinner, but love popping in a movie and relaxing on the couch!
10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day?
I would love for us to travel more, we went to Ireland on our honeymoon and had a blast. Although I promised him next time we won’t rent a car somewhere.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine’s Day.
Well if we have it the way we want we would be in the hospital with our son, but I doubt that is happening, so we will be relaxing at home with a nice home cooked meal, glass of sparkling grape juice and hang out on the couch.
12. Are you asking for anything for Valentine’s day?
Labor, seriously. Other than that no, my birthday is in 11 days, our anniversary is in 41 and we close on our new house in roughly 16 days, therefore I need nothing but a nice back rub.
13. Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Honesty. We try to stay honest and open with each other on all aspects of life and marriage whether it be dinner choices, stank butts or home improvement choices.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.