I can’t believe we have made it to 39! I thought for sure Baby C would arrive early. This past weekend was spent working around the house, relaxing and spending time with family. Ed’s cousin and her family were in town to visit Disney and we had the pleasure of having dinner together on Sunday. The two older girls have specific food allergies, and George did a great job accommodating them. My task was dessert, and although sorbet was suggested, its $3-$5 for a pint of sorbet and their were 13 of us. No happening. Instead I made Carrot Cake, nut free with a nondairy cream cheese icing. Delicious!
Carrot Cake (via allrecipes.com)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.
Dairy Free Icing (Via peasandthankyou.com)
- 4 oz. non-dairy or organic cream cheese (i.e. Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese)
- 3 T. non-dairy margarine (i.e. Earth Balance)
- 2 c. powdered sugar
I had my checkup yesterday at 39.4 days and had my first cervical check. Yikes glad I didn’t have one before. Things look good and I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. Does that mean I will go into labor ASAP, no but he said it means I am a good candidate for induction if need be, but knows I want to go natural. He stripped my membranes too so here is to hoping Baby C arrives before his due date. Post appointment I had some good signs that my body is doing what it is supposed to, but being a first timer I am not sure if they really mean anything. Dr. M is delivering Thursday so maybe Baby C will come then.